Friday, December 5, 2014

Staying Organized

Staying Organized
When your calendar is always full it can be hard to keep track of what is going on in your life. The most important thing to do when you are so busy is to stay organized.  Everyone has his or her way of doing this; my way is by keeping a Lilly Pulitzer agenda.
 
 This year I decided to purchase the large agenda in the print ‘Jellies Be Jammin’. I thought the pattern was so cute, but more importantly it was the perfect size.

It is important to keep track of all the events happening in your life from social events, to work, to school events.
The Lilly planner is really helpful because at the beginning of every month is a lay out of the whole month, calendar style.
This is where I write down major events to get an overview of the month. I can easily see what days I will be really busy and what days I have free.
Whenever I write an event in, I color code that event. So for example I try to keep all social events in a bright pink gel pen and all school events in a purple gel pen.
When you flip to the next page after the month overview, you have a more in depth calendar that is a weekly overview. This is where I write exactly what is happening that day or what needs to get done.
Color-coding your classes during the school year is an easy way to see what needs to get done for each class without getting confused. Highlighting the really important things like tests and quizzes will also keep you on top of things.

When you aren’t in school, it is still good to use your agenda for events like work, parties, doctor appointments and smaller tasks that need to get done. I still color-code to separate work and social events and keep things organized. I use my agenda everyday to keep myself organized, and make sure I never miss out on anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment