Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ugh

"You try way too hard"--something I am told way too often. Although I can't walk ten feet down the school hallway without getting compliments on my outfits, there will always be those people. "I know" has become a more common response than "thank you."
 What I truly cannot grasp is how wearing a sweater with elbow patches paired with corduroys and Hunter rain boots is trying too hard. Do we really live in a world where sweatpants and sweatshirts have become an expectation? I object to that.
There is NOTHING to apologize for when it comes to being well kept and presentable. There is nothing to apologize for when it comes to fashion. I am fed up with how people present themselves in today's society.
When I go to a store, I buy what I love and what I feel the best in-- it's as simple as that. When I leave my house in the morning, I make sure I love the way I look. If I don't, I feel gross all day and I'm unhappy.
So to those who say I try too hard, why don't you put some effort into the way you look? Unless you're going for that 'starving artist' look which, by the way, you are doing wrong, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment