Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Layering

This time of year is kind of an awkward time. Its March so you think you should be able to wear white pants and Lilly skirts, but it’s way too cold outside still. I’ve found only one way to add color back into your wardrobe without freezing, and that is layering.

Starting with a simple piece like a patterned button down should be your base piece. I personally love all my J.Crew printed popovers and button downs embroidered with anchors and cute marine animals. On top of that I’ll add a cashmere sweater, usually a solid print to keep things simple. Then maybe roll up the sleeves a little bit to show off that print from the shirt I’m wearing underneath. If I want to add something a little more to the outfit, I’ll add a statement necklace. If the day is really cold or I just want to add on another layer, I’ll put on a vest, once again usually a solid color to keep all the main focus of the outfit on the button down or popover I’m wearing.


Wearing all these layers is also great because if I get too hot during the day I can easily just take a layer off and stiff have my outfit be complete and put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment