Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Actually Saved Money?


I like the big glass double doors that are opened for me. I like the overpriced clothes. I like the pretentious attitudes of the people who work at the stores I shop at and how we instantly bond when I decide to purchase one of their items, as if we have this special bond because we both will dish out $300.00 for a pair of ballet flats. I like that they offer me Diet Coke when I try things on. Not only do I love what they have to offer but; I love the attitudes of these stores, the atmosphere.
So you can see how when I walked into TjMaxx (easily since the doors were mechanic) I was bewildered at the low prices and polyester pants (I’m still cringing, ew). The fluorescent lighting made me look washed out and when I went to try something on, the woman handed me a number, not a Diet Coke, as if I was some commoner.
Then I started to look, really dig deep (like really deep) in those hangers of label-less clothes. I felt something that was far from polyester. It was WOOL. I pulled out the garment, barley containing my excitement. I looked at the tag, as I always do, to see a little pink whale, my favorite brand, Vineyard Vines. It was almost too good to be true, and it got even better. This red, white and navy wool fair-isle printed sweater that was originally $225.00 was now only $80.00! I couldn’t even remember the last time I spent less than $100 on any piece of clothing I own.
Sure the sweater was from last years Christmas collection, but like any good Vineyard Vines item, the style is timeless. I couldn’t even believe it was still there, people really don’t know a good deal when they see it.
            I triumphantly walked to the register and paid for my sweater in all cash, I didn’t even need a few credit cards to split up the price!
            My first experience at TjMaxx was definitely a success. Even though I didn’t get a Diet Coke (yes I have a Diet Coke problem) and no doors were held open for me, I saved money, which was actually a good feeling. I’m excited to go back and see what I can find next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment